Advanced Search

San Felipe de Neri, the rectory, and beginning construction of Sister Blandina Convent

San Felipe de Neri, the rectory, and beginning construction of Sister Blandina Convent

Photographer / Artist: Wittick & Russell (1880 - 1884)

Department: Photo Archives
Date: ca. 1880
Medium: Albumen silver print
Dimensions:
5 3/16 × 8 3/8 in. (13.2 × 21.3 cm)
Classification: Photography
Credit Line: Albuquerque Museum, gift of Nancy Tucker
Object number: PA2019.006.022
DescriptionSan Felipe de Neri Church, the rectory, and the beginning of construction of Sister Blandina Convent in Old Town, Albuquerque. The rectory is a single-story adobe building attached to the sanctuary. It has white wooden window frames and doors. The windows have white shutters. There is a white picket fence surrounding the central Plaza. Horse drawn wagons and carriages are parked in the dirt street in front of the church. The convent construction is only a single adobe brick wall, about half a story tall.
Not on view